Introducing: The Life and Times of a small horse farm, it's human and animal family,living in the middle of the big woods of Pennsylvania. We're all journeying through life, enjoying the blessings of a great God, he has revealed His great love for us in His Son!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sweet Reward

Newborn love.

These days are good, when I remember where I've been. These days are good when I don't. These days are a reward for having laid an offering of wee ones before you, helpless to nurture what I could not comprehend. Somehow, they fly. It is a miracle that you use the helpless to raise the helpless, but it is part of your design, and it is perfect. When now I begin to see the spark of what they are to become, what a joy. It is not for me to receive any praise or due, because I was the helpless and you were the helper. How many times I cried in not knowing. How many times I cried for you to take me away from this task you bestowed. I knew I could not go on. You knew I could. Thank you for receiving my offering to you. Thank you for multiplying it and making it something that may feed the many. Thank you for my children, how blessed I am to have been molded by you through their little hands.

Psalm 127:3 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
the fruit of the womb a reward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful prayer. It is an incredible task and trust that we have been given. He is able!

Johanna said...

Thanks Dana, have a great day!